Best Pipe Repair Services in NJ
Replace collapsed Sewer Pipe Repair in New Jersey
Collapsed sewer pipe repair is a serious emergency that requires immediate sewer repair services from a professional contractor. This phenomenon occurs when the pipe loses its structural integrity, after being gradually weakened over a longer period of time.
At this point, the soil above it collapses into the broken sewer pipe, completely obstructing the flow of wastewater and causing misaligned pipe with serious sewage backup fix into your plumbing.
For fast, reliable sewer pipe repair and replacement, give us a call today at A1 Sewer & Drain pipe service in NJ.
- pipe excavation indoor and outdoor service
- slot trenching services
- narrow trenches
- install pipes inground utilities
- install cables utilities
- electric pipes installation in-ground
Sewer Repair in NJ
A collapsed sewer pipe can occur for any of several common reasons. Much of the time, the occurrence is a complete surprise to homeowners, and it seems to happen out of nowhere.
Actually, the damage that causes a collapsed sewer pipe has usually been building up over a long period of time. The most common reasons for a sudden sewer pipe collapse include:
- Tree roots. Large trees on your property, like oaks and birches, have sprawling root networks that are constantly expanding. Tree roots are prone to growing into, and around, your sewer line — which attracts them with moisture and nutrients. The trees damage the sewer line itself, as well as eroding the surrounding soil that holds the pipes in place. If the root growth inside sewer pipe line makes it inside through a tiny crack or opening, it can eventually lead to a collapsed sewer pipe. You can help prevent tree root damage by installing barriers that separate
- Misaligned joints. If the pipe joints are misaligned, they’ll require sewer pipe repair. Otherwise, they allow small amounts of wastewater to escape, which erodes the supporting soil. Over time, as the pipes lose the support from the soil, they will begin to buckle downward. Eventually, the pipe will collapse completely, leading to an emergent situation.
- Outdated, aging pipe. There’s a particular type of sewer pipe known as “Orangeberg pipe.” Made from compressed tar paper, it was popular during the 1940s, when WWII led to metal shortages because of the war effort. Orangeburg pipe degrades after decades of use, often causing collapsed sewer pipes when it can no longer hold together. If your home was built during the 1940s and its sewer system hasn’t bee renovated since then, you could be at risk of collapsed sewer pipes.
- Nearby Construction or Landscaping. If you have recently done any construction work in your yard or heavy landscaping, like removing or re-locating trees or bushes this could have moved soil that was holding up the structure of the underground pipes.
Very often if its only an area of the pipe has collapsed and it is caused by an external reason, like tree roots or construction, we can do spot excavation repair and replace just the broken area of pipe. Sometimes this can be cheaper than trenchless pipe repair.
If most of the pipes are collapsed or the line is corroded or made out of outdated pipe, then it usually makes more sense to do a complete sewer line replacement and have a new sewer line that will last another 50 years.
If you’re buying a home built in that time period, you may also want to order a sewer inspection to check for sewer pipes condition. If they’re present on the property, you’ll probably want to have them replaced with newer, more modern sewer lines, which are more effective and have better construction.
Emergency sewer repair for collapsed line in NJ
Emergency sewer repair in NJ is often needed when a sewer pipe collapses.
If you have a collapsed sewer pipe, you’ll probably notice that areas of your property become waterlogged.
Plumbing and fixtures will back up and clog, and you might also notice sewage smells. Don’t wait to fix collapsed sewer pipes; this situation needs to be taken care of immediately.
For 24-hour sewer line repair in New Jersey, call our experienced sewer contractors today at A1 Sewer & Drain, at 201-645-0888.
sewer repairs for a collapsed sewer pipe:
Collapsed sewer repair and replacement Best Price and Service in NJ Call Now 201-645-0888 Collapsed sewer
Pipe Bursting for Trenchless Sewer Repair in NJ Best Price amp Services in NJ FREE ESTIMATE
Sewer Repairs in NJ New Jersey residents and business owners if you are having a problem
Professional Sewer Line Repair Services in New Jersey Best Price and Service 15 Minute Free Estimate
Call us today for the BEST PRICE and BEST SERVICE on Sewer Main Repair CALL A1