GET THE BEST PRICE AND SERVICE! FOR REPLACING ANY PLUMBING PIPE IN NJ
FREE PLUMBING ESTIMATE
Many homes in New Jersey are built with copper water pipes or copper water main line. Copper has an impressive lifespan of up to 50 years, but unfortunately, this particular metal is prone to extensive corrosion after decades of wear and tear.
If you’re having problems with corroded or broken copper sewer pipes and drain pipes, you’ll need an experienced NJ plumber to repair or replace them. At A1 Plumbing, Sewer & Drain, we provide 24-hour plumbers for plumbing service water line repair or replacement, sewer repair in NJ and drain repair services for broken and corroded copper sewer and drain lines.
Call us any time to find out more, or to get same-day service in under an hour.
Replacing Water Line
Copper water line/pipe in NJ
As copper wears away after years of use and exposure to running water, ongoing corrosion begins to cause problems for NJ homeowners. Some of the issues associated with corrosion in copper drain pipes include:
- Cuprosolvency. In some areas, copper ions stay in solution in the tap water, instead of precipitating onto the walls of the pipes. This lowers the pH of water, and can lead to elevated concentrations of lead in the drinking water. Cuprosolvency can occur when water stagnates in the plumbing system for an extended period of time, and can cause blue-green water discoloration.
- Leaks. Copper normally forms a protective layer along its surface, guarding against corrosion and preventing leaks from broken drain pipes. However, this protective film can wear away, creating areas of corrosion that can turn into pinhole leaks.
- Microbe-induced pitting. This is most likely to occur in large commercial and industrial plumbing systems. Biofilms grow inside the pipe, composed of thin, continuous layers of bacteria that contain polysaccharides. These biofilms eat away at the copper pipe, causing corrosion and leaks.
- Concentration cell corrosion. Deposits of minerals like silica and iron oxide (rust) can create an oxygen gradient inside the pipe, with low concentrations under the area with buildup or debris. This can lead to further corrosion.
- Stress corrosion cracking. Occasionally, copper drain pipes can crack lengthwise due to residual stress from the manufacturing process, usually in the presence of a moist, alkaline environment and an agent like ammonia.
- Brass dezincification. Brass is a copper alloy often used in pipe fittings. Over time, the zinc contained in the alloy can wear away, exposing regions of porous and low-strength copper.
These are just a few of the ways that corrosion in copper and copper alloys can lead to broken drain pipes or broken sewer lines.
Replacing Copper Pipes – Corrosion
Copper Pipe Repair & Replacement
If you’re dealing with leaks from corroded, broken copper drain pipes or sewer pipes, you’ll need experienced plumbers to fix the problem for you. In most cases, drain pipe replacement is the best option for corroded copper drains.
For sewer lines, plumbers may be able to patch holes and leaks with trenchless sewer relining.
Local NJ Plumbers for Copper Water Pipe & Copper Drain Repair
At A1 Plumbers NJ Sewer & Drain water line services and pipe repair in NJ including drain pipe repair, sewer line replacement, and drain replacement for old, broken pipes that have significant corrosion. We’re available 24/7 for fast, reliable emergency service in New Jersey.
Call us today for great copper sewer pipe and drain pipe repair in Bergen county NJ, Union County, Essex County, Hudson County, Morris County – Morristown northern NJ, at 201-645-0888.
Sewer repair for copper drain and sewer pipe corrosion in NJ:
Water pipes sewer pipes and drain pipes in your home or business can break collapse burst
Pipe Corrosion Repair amp Replacement NJ Best Price and Service Same day service in NJ Call
Call today FREE quote estimate 201-645-0888 Commercial drain sewer repair services in NJ Commercial drain repair in
Best Price and Service any Sewer Repair or Replacement in Morris NJ Save Time amp Money
For decades the majority of household plumbing pipes drain pipes and sewer lines were made from
Best Price for drain pipe replacement service or drain repair NJ Call us today for FREE estimate