Sewer Line Repair Service in Morristown NJ
Call today for FREE Quote
Sewer line repair in NJ is very common. Problems with the sewer line are some of the most serious plumbing issues you can encounter in your New Jersey home. If your sewer line is broken, obstructed, or otherwise damaged sewer, it can cause wastewater to back up into your household plumbing, clogging your drains and toilets.
In a worst case scenario, raw sewage could actually overflow from your plumbing fixtures, or erupt into your yard from a burst pipe. Sewers require immediate professional sewer repair services to prevent a serious emergency and to minimize property damage.
If you’re in need of emergency sewer line repair in or near Morristown, New Jersey, call us now at A1 Sewer, Drain and Water Main. We serve all of Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Union County and Morris County NJ for all sewer line repair needs.
Sewer Line Damage – Know the Signs
Sewer line damage can sometimes go undetected for months or even years because the sewer line is underground.
Your sewer main line is located beneath your property, and unless it’s leaking water into your yard, it generally goes completely unnoticed. This means that incipient problems, like clogging and cracks, can go undetected until they present a serious problem. When something is wrong with the sewer main, homeowners usually notice several telltale signs:
- Multiple clogged fixtures. When the sewer line is clogged or broken, more than one plumbing fixture will often act as if it’s clogged. Toilets won’t flush properly, and sinks and bathtubs won’t drain.
- Repeated clogs. If your sewer line backs up, is cleared by a plumber and then backs up again within a few weeks or months, it is likely that you have a broken sewer line, tree roots in the sewer line or some other problem with the sewer pipes and the clogs will continue until the sewer line is repaired.
- Fixtures are bubbling or making gurgling sounds. If you’re experiencing a sewer break or clog, when you use one fixture, others will often bubble up with water. For example, your sink might begin making noises whenever you flush your toilet.
- You can smell sewage. The distinctive smell of sewer water is a good indication that you probably need sewer line repair.
Common Sewer Line Problems in NJ
Common sewer line problems in NJ include a number of different issues.
Sewer repair companies in Harding encounter a number of problems that can occur with residential sewer lines, including:
- Cracked pipes. Sewer pipes, often made from PVC by manufacturers like Hancor, North American Pipe Corporation, and JM Eagle, can develop cracks over time. This can occur from general corrosion from the constant flow of water, or from water at temperatures that are too high. Some older pipes are made from clay, which is brittle and particularly prone to developing cracks. Cracked sewer lines impair normal water flow and can cause leaks, as well as weakening the pipes and making them susceptible to further damage and potentially a burst pipe requiring emergency plumbing repair.
- Collapsed pipes. Pipes can also collapse entirely, usually requiring a section of the pipe to be completely replaced. Tree root incursion is one of the most common factors that can significantly weaken a pipe wall over time. When the joints between sections of pipe are weakened, sections of pipe can “belly” downward, causing their collapse.
- Offset and misaligned pipes. Tree roots can also push pipes out of their proper alignment with one another, weakening joints and blocking normal water flow. Tree roots in the sewer line is a common problem in NJ, requiring expert sewer repair.
- Leaking joints. Seals between the sections of actual pipe can break or develop cracks, weakening them and leaking out water.
- Blockage. In some cases, sewer cleaning is needed instead of sewer line repair, per se. Pipes can become obstructed by sediment buildup, sludge, and other materials, leading to sewer backflow.
- tree roots
- Separation – sewer pipe separation
- Call us today with any replacement of sewer line or any repairs in sewer, drain or drainage lines
Sewer lines can develop many different types of problems, which can weaken or break them and require professional NJ sewer line repairs.
To find out more about sewer line repair in or near Morristown, New Jersey, give us a call today at A1 Sewer & Drain and water main in Morristown NJ, at 201-645-0888.
Learn more about sewer line repair Morristown NJ:
Looking for a full selection of professional sewer service offerings in New Jersey At A1 Sewer
GET THE BEST PRICE AND SERVICE FOR REPLACING ANY PLUMBING PIPE IN NJ FREE PLUMBING ESTIMATE
BEST PRICE and Service for Sewer Relining in NJ 1 Pipe Lining Contractors NJ - SAME