NJ Clogged Sewer Pipe Repairs
Clogged sewer main line? At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we have plumbers available 24/7 for emergency sewer repair and sewer cleaning.
Call now at 201-645-0888.
Like drain pipes, your sewer line can get clogged up with grease, paper and cotton products, and debris, stopping water flow.
In severe cases, this can cause sewer backflow through your drain openings, making a foul-smelling mess that require professional water removal.
For NJ sewer and drain service today, call now at 201-645-0888.
Why Do Sewer Pipes Get Clogged?
Clogged sewer pipes are especially common on residential properties in NJ.
All kinds of materials can build up inside of the pipes, and because they’re buried underground, it’s hard for homeowners to tell when there’s a problem.
People usually call a plumber for sewer cleaning when the clog in the sewer pipe starts causing widespread household plumbing problems or sewer backflow.
Some of the common and noticeable issues that signify a clogged sewer lateral include:
- Slow drains in multiple areas
- Toilets that won’t flush
- Inconsistent water levels in toilet bowls
- Sewage odors near drains
- Wastewater backflow
- Drains gurgling when a nearby fixture is used.
Sewer clogs are often similar to clogged drains, resulting from hygiene products, dirt, or grease that have accumulated inside of the pipes.
NJ sewer plumbers often find things like feminine products inside sewer pipes.
There are also causes of clogged sewer pipes and obstructed wastewater flow that are more specific to sewer laterals, including:
- Tree roots. Tree roots can easily enter sewer pipes through pre-existing holes or cracks. Once inside, the ample moisture and nutrients allow them to grow rapidly, quickly clogging up the pipe and exacerbating existing damage. Tree roots can be removed with specialized tools, and hydro jetting can further clear the pipe. Afterward, sewer repairs will be needed to prevent re-infestation.
- Scale buildup. In some water conditions, scale is likely to form on the inside of water pipes. Scale results from the gradual accumulation of dissolved minerals from the water, and can eventually constrict water flow enough to block solids and cause clogging and backflow. Pipes afflicted with scale will often need sewer pipe replacement.
Hydro Jetting for Sewer Cleaning in NJ
The primary means of fixing clogged sewer mains is to use hydro jetting to clean out the debris and restore water flow.
Hydro jetting is a sewer cleaning process that uses streams of water at very high pressures, directed through special nozzles for maximum effectiveness.
Hydro jetting pressure can be over 4,000 PSI, depending on the diameter of the pipe.
This is sufficient to cut through most kinds of debris, leaving the inside of the pipe clean and clear.
Sewer inspection cameras are used to view the inside of the pipe to confirm that it’s cleared out and to look for pipe damage.
Sewer Repairs for Damaged Pipes
Cracks and holes in sewer laterals provide jagged areas where debris is likely to adhere, increasing the likelihood of a clogged sewer line.
After the debris is removed with sewer cleaning, you may need minor sewer repairs to help prevent future problems.
Sewer relining can be completed in a matter of hours, freeing homeowners from the time-consuming expense and hassle of traditional sewer excavation.
Because we don’t need to dig, sewer relining is particularly useful if your sewer main line runs beneath a patio or driveway.
CIPP sewer relining can be done through the sewer cleanout or through small access points.
A pneumatic bladder is inserted with a soft resin-coated liner, then inflated in place to press the liner snugly against the pipe walls. After the resin has been cured and hardened with heat or UV, the bladder can be deflated and removed.
This leaves a watertight, durable, corrosion-resistant lining that keeps out groundwater, tree roots, and soil.
Local NJ Plumbers for Sewer Cleaning
At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we provide fast, effective sewer cleaning for clogged sewer lines in NJ.
We’re also available for 24-hour emergency sewer repairs, septic tank repairs, and other related services.