NJ Toilet Lead Bend Pipe Replacement Contractors
Need a plumber for toilet lead bend pipe replacement in NJ?
Same-day service and a free cost estimate,
Call us today at A1 Sewer & Drain Services at 201-645-0888.
Need help replacing a lead bend pipe in your toilet? At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we specialize in wastewater plumbing, including toilet drains and sewer laterals. Our experienced local NJ plumbers are always available for same-day service with fast response times, free cost estimates, and quality workmanship.
For plumbing repairs today, including toilet lead bend pipe replacement, call us at 201-645-0888. We also offer 24/7 emergency service for urgent problems. Call us today!
Toilet Lead Pipe Bend Replacement in NJ
In older homes in NJ, toilet pipe bends are often made from lead. Lead has largely been phased out of plumbing; in fact, the EPA considers lead to be as dangerous as asbestos. Although lead in a drain pipe won’t necessarily contaminate your water supply, lead pipes in general tend to be quite old, and so you may need toilet lead pipe bend replacement when the pipe inevitably cracks.
Toilet lead pipe bend replacement is a pretty involved process, requiring plumbers to remove the toilet and flange, and also cut away flooring around the pipe. Frankly, it’s also a dirty job. As such, it’s not something you want to DIY on your own, if you can avoid it.
The Toilet Lead Pipe Bend Replacement Process
- Turn off the water. To safely replace a lead pipe bend in a toilet, NJ plumbers will need to turn off the water supply at the water main. After that, remaining water can be removed from the toilet.
- Removing the toilet. To access a closet bend for toilet lead pipe bend replacement, the plumber will need to remove your toilet temporarily.
- Removing the flange. After the toilet has been removed, plumbers remove the flange. The flange is the pipe fitting that connects the toilet drain to a drain pipe.
- Cutting down flooring. To access, remove, and replace the pipe bend, as little flooring as possible is removed from around the drain with a saw.
- Removing the closet bend. The curved bend will be either unscrewed or cut. Plumbers will need to measure the length needed, adding a 1’2″ for a slot on the end.
- Fitting the elbow. Next, the elbow needs to be fitted into the section where the old pipe bend was removed.
- Installing the long piece of pipe. Once in place, the pipe is glued with joint cement. Then, the toilet and flange can be put back after the toilet lead pipe replacement process is complete.
Finding a Great Local NJ Plumber for Toilet Lead Pipe Bend Replacement
Pipe bend replacement is one of those things where you’ll need a professional plumber, unless you’re extremely proficient at working with plumbing. There’s a lot of room for things to go wrong, and lead can also be hazardous to work with. Working with lead can require eyewear, face masks, gloves, and other protective gear, since the material can be a health hazard.
Other Drain Services in NJ
At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we specialize in drain and sewer line repair, replacement, and installation in north NJ. We serve homeowners, businesses, industrial facilities, and municipalities throughout the region, including Bergen County, Morris County, and beyond.
NJ Plumbers for Drain Repair
- Shower drain repair
- Toilet drain repair
- Kitchen and bathroom sink drain repair
- Commercial drain repair
- Outdoor drainage system repairs
- Drain pipe replacement for leaky or corroded pipes
Drain Cleaning Service in NJ
Clogged toilet or sink drain? At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we’re Bergen County’s drain and sewer clog experts. We’re always available for drain cleaning, including commercial and restaurant drains. We also provide sewer cleaning for clogged sewer laterals and sewer main lines.
Need a Plumber in NJ? Call Us Today!
Need a plumber for toilet lead pipe bend replacement, drain pipe repair, sewer repairs, or other plumbing services in NJ? At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we’re available 24/7 for all your sewer, drain, and plumbing pipe repair needs. Call us any time for same-day service from skilled and experienced local plumbers, at 201-645-0888.
Find out more about plumbing and drain repair services in NJ:
NJ Sewer Cleaning Services Clogged sewer line Call us today at A1 Sewer amp Drain Services for sewer
Need sewer repairs in NJ At A1 Sewer amp Drain Services we make sewer and drain services simple
FREE ESTIMATE and Best Price for any Drain Repair Work Call Now 201-645-0888 Like any other part of your
Drain cleaning is usually a fairly simple task with homeowners handling it on their own using liquid cleaners
Any Sewer amp Drain Emergency Service in NJ Call Now 201-645-0888 We are committed to servicing the residential and