These plumbing devices are designed to protect areas of your home that lie below the city’s main water lines, preventing flooding during heavy rainstorms, burst water mains, and other unpredictable events that could sent water through drain pipes into your home.
If you don’t already have one, sump pump installation is a great way to save money by reducing the cost of your homeowner’s insurance and preventing unexpected expenses from flooding and water damage.
If you need new sump pump installation in New Jersey, or sump pump replacement for an older, worn-out pump, call us any time at A1 Sewer & Drain.
NJ Sump Pump Installation Benefits
Why install a sump pump? You don’t need one if your home isn’t at risk for flooding, but if you have a basement, it’s a good idea.
Sump pumps protect flood-prone areas of your home, preventing water damage that could cost you thousands of dollars to fix.
Here are three good reasons why you should install a sump pump in your home:
- Prevent mold and mildew growth. Mold is disgusting, but also surprisingly dangerous. Mold, mildew, and other fungi– not to mention microscopic bacteria– thrive in moist conditions. When your basement gets wet or accumulates pools of water, it creates the perfect habitat for mold growth. Mold spores are almost always present in the air, but when molds are actively growing, it gets worse, and can trigger or aggravate allergies. There’s also black mold, which is well-known for its potential to cause respiratory problems and illness. To keep mold out of your basement, sump pump installation is a good preventive measure.
- Alert you to rising water levels. With the burgeoning “Internet of Things,” household sump pumps are quickly becoming more sophsitcated. Many modern sump pump installation options have WiFi capabilities, allowing them to send you a message when your basement is at risk of flooding.
- Stabilize your soil. Did you know that a working sump pump installation can actually help to stabilize the soil beneath your home? This keeps your foundation more stable, preventing potentially devastating problems in the future.
Sump Pump Maintenance & Repairs in NJ
At A1 Sewer & Drain, our team of sewer service contractors are also available for sump pump repairs.
It’s important to keep your sump pump in good working condition: although flood risk conditions are fairly rare in New Jersey, they can still happen, and it’s important to be prepared.
This means getting sump pump repairs when necessary. Some of the most common reasons for sump pump repair service include:
- Float switch issues. The float switches inside a sump pump sense the internal water level, signalling when to empty the pump.
- Clogged discharge lines. The discharge line in your sump pump can become obstructed by dirt, sticks, leaves, and other assorted debris, causing drainage issues and potentially making your sump pump overflow.
- Frozen discharge lines. Frozen pipes are a major concern during the winter, and like other plumbing pipes and fixtures, the water inside your sump pump discharge line can potentially freeze solid.
To find out more about sump pump installation, sump pump repair service, and more, call us any time at A1 Sewer & Drain, at 201-645-0888.
Get more information about sump pump services in New Jersey:
Save Money with any Sewage Ejector Pump Repair Replacement or Installation in NJ FREE ESTIMATE - Call Today 201-645-0888 Sewer Pumps
Sewer pumps also known as sewage pumps or septic pumps move liquid wastewater and sometimes solid waste toward
Sump Pump Repair in New Jersey by an Experienced NJ Plumber If your home in Alpine New Jersey
Protect your home with sewer sump pump installation in NJ Are you having Sewer or Drain Blockages in
Need Sump Pump Repair Service in NJ Call A1 Today for Best Price and Service 201-645-0888 Sump pump
Any Backflow Backflow Prevention Services in NJ Call Your Local NJ Plumber Today 201-458-0888 Sewer backflow prevention valves are