Tree Roots in Your Sewer Pipes in New Jersey is a Common Plumbing Problem
One of the signs that you have tree roots in your pipeline is if you continuously need to have sewer cleaning done, as your drain or sewer gets clogged again and again.
We use video camera to inspect the sewer line and determine how big the roots are and if they can be removed by snaking or by hydro-jetting the sewer line or in a different situation that the sewer or drain line is cracked or broken and sewer repair needs to be performed in order to fix a broken pipe.
When the tree roots in the sewer pipe are few and thin clearing the sewer line with a powerful snake will rip the roots out and push the roots and debris out of the pipe.
In some cases in New Jersey we even use power jetting in the line (hydro jetting) that rips the roots into small pieces.
Be aware that if the roots are already located in the pipe through a crack or opening, even a small one, there are two scenarios which will happen in the future:
- Although the drain pipe is clear from roots, still tree roots are part of the surface of the pipe and just need more time to grow and slow down water and sewer waste and debris. So when the next sewer clog happens is only a matter of how quickly those tree roots will grow.
- Tree roots will grow much stronger and will make a larger opening in the sewer pipe than the existing one. Sometimes will separate the pipe into 2 pieces or more and in the harder cases even disconnect the pipe from the line while sewage is leaking. Then you have a main sewer pipe or an underground drain that needs to be repaired and put back together.
Tree Roots in the Sewer? Solutions and Options
- The most simple and cost effective thing, especially when the sewer clog is happening for the first time, is to snake the pipe and run a sewer camera inspection through the line to see that the line is clear with no damage.
- Jetting the drain line is a more powerful solution and without running the metal snake through the sewer line, which sometimes creates damage, the sewer line will be clear almost like brand new, and then we suggest running the sewer inspection camera.
- In case of sewer repair, sewer line camera inspection needs to be performed in order to know the condition and exact location of the sewer break. From that point the options are either local repair or replacing the sewer line.
- If the sewer or drain line is underground, you can avoid digging and destroying your landscaping and avoid the risk of damaging other pipes and cables most of the time by using trenchless pipe technology, which will build an internal sleeve inside the sewer line like a glove reducing the size of the pipe a little but saving you the cost and hassle and timing of digging and replacing an underground sewer pipe.
In any event, we always recommend to do drain camera inspection before and after clearing the pipe and we provide you with a video image so you see the difference before and after, and of course know that we completed the sewer pipe repair successfully.
The cost is very relative to the condition of the pipe if the pipe is with no damage and can continuously sustain the water flow within the pipe, its different than a pipe that is broken internally and pieces of the pipe are even missing and mud and tree roots and stone are falling into the pipe.
A short video pipe inspection will let us know the condition of the pipe and will determine the price as a flat price, not an hourly rate with no surprises, as we get to see the images.
Additional sewer inspections with the camera usually are free in the process of repairing the sewer pipe, with no additional cost to you. Of course, a guarantee is a part of every sewer repair in New Jersey.
Tree roots in your drain line? Call us now for a reliable plumber in Bergen County NJ for a free estimate and evaluation with no obligation.
Our plumbing technicians have over 25 years of experience repairing, installing and replacing sewer and drain pipes and will give you the best advice so sewer repair or replacement that can be done at the lowest cost. Have a wonderful day.
Find out more about removing tree roots:
Call us any time for sewer cleaning in NJ for a backed up sewer line at 201-645-0888 Having
A sewer camera can make the difference between guessing and knowing Call us for the best price and
A huge proportion of the clogged and fractured sewer lines we see on the job are caused by
Tree root growth is actually a major cause of blocked cracked and broken sewer pipes Tree roots in
New Jersey is a naturally forested environment and many homes in Ho-Ho-Kus have large old growth trees on
Call us any time at A1 NJ Sewer amp Drain Services for sewer cleaning and tree root removal