NJ Sump Pump Installation Service Contractors
Sump pump installation can protect your home from water damage. Call us any time at A1 Sewer & Drain Services, at 201-645-0888.
If your home has a basement, the whole area is particularly susceptible to water damage. From severe weather and sewer flooding to burst city water mains, all kinds of unforeseen emergencies can put basements and other low-lying areas at risk for flooding. Water damage from basement flooding can damage your foundation, so it’s important to keep this area protected.
At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we offer professional sump pump installation, replacement, and repairs throughout north NJ, including Bergen County and Morris County. We’re also available 24/7 for emergency sewer repairs, sewer replacement, and other NJ drain and plumbing services. To find out more, or for service today, call us any time at 201-645-0888.
Why Install a Sump Pump?
In New Jersey, many homes are built with a basement. Some homeowners even choose to renovate and furnish the area, converting it into living space. Whether or not your basement is furnished, if it’s underground, it’s at a heightened risk of flooding. Sump pump installation gives you a line of defense against the unexpected, allowing water to be removed when it starts to accumulate in the area.
A good sump pump can save you a fortune in the event of unexpected flooding. Even when you factor in the cost of the pump and professional installation from a local plumber, the total still pales in comparison to extensive repairs, renovations, and water removal for a flooded basement.
Some of the great benefits that sump pump installation can confer include:
- Keep mold and mildew from growing. Mold isn’t just disgusting, it’s also a potential health hazard. Moisture in your basement creates a prime environment for mold, mildew, bacteria, and other unwanted organisms to grow and thrive. Mold and fungal spores can get into your household air supply, aggravating allergies and causing respiratory problems. Some types of black mold also contain dangerous mycotoxins. Sump pump installation is a good preventive measure to keep your basement dry and free of mold.
- Alert you to rising water levels. Many residential sump pumps are equipped with sensors and alarms that let you know when water is entering your basement. Some modern sump pumps even have “Internet of Things” capabilities, connecting with your WiFi and sending you an alert if your basement is at risk of flooding.
- Keep your soil and foundation stable. A sump pump can also help stabilize the soil beneath your home, keeping your foundation in place and preventing it from shifting and causing problems.
NJ Sump Pump Installation Options
NJ plumbers can install one of several different types of residential sump pumps for your basement. A typical sump pump is located in a basin, which collects water to be pumped out of your basement. The pump itself pushes the water in the basin upward into your drainage pipes, where it can join your household wastewater to safely exit into the sewer main line. Some of the types of sump pumps that you can consider include:
- Pedestal sump pumps. One of the most common types of sump pumps, pedestal sump pumps have an upright design. The pump motor is on a pedestal that elevates it above the basin, keeping it safe from water damage. When the water reaches a certain level, a float switch is activated, turning on the pump to remove the water. Pedestal sump pump installation tends to be fairly inexpensive, although the pump itself can be noisier than other types.
- Submersible sump pumps. The motor of a submersible sump pump is designed to be water resistant, and is submerged in the basin. These tend to be quieter than pedestal sump pumps, and often have a longer lifespan.
- Water powered sump pump installation. Water powered sump pumps get their energy from the water pressure inside your plumbing system, so they can function without electricity. This makes them a popular choice for backup sump pumps, installed in case a power outage renders the main pump ineffective.
A local NJ plumber can help you determine which type of sump pump would best fit your needs.
Sump Pump Installation in Bergen County & Morris County
At A1 Sewer & Drain Services, we offer professional sump pump installation in Bergen County, Morris County, and elsewhere in north NJ. We also provide sump pump repairs, maintenance, and more. For great service from experienced local sewer plumbers, call us any time at 201-645-0888.